Dean (Students) is responsible for the administration of the hostels, the students extra curricular activities including sports and student publications. He is also responsible for the maintenance of student discipline.
He chairs the Board of Students, a Board that formulates policies for the conduct of extra curricular activities and the functioning of hostels subject to the approval of the Senate.
Currently, the Dean (Students) is deals with the following functions:
1. Hostel management
2. Placement Office
3. Internship Office
4. Institute Gymkhana
5. Student Affair Council with its Executive wing
6. NSS / NCC / NSO
7. Mitr (Student Guidance and Counseling organization)
8. Bus Transport
9. Students Activities Trust
10. Liesure Time Activities Program
11. Early Career Development Program
12. Committee for Monitoring General Facilities for Students